Bella Smoked Gemfish Cakes
- 250 g Potato, chopped coarsley
- 185 g Bella Smoked Gemfish
- 1 Shallot
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoons Dill leaves chopped
- 1/4 Cups Cornflake Crumbs
- Cook potato in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan to mash. Mash until smooth, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine potato, Gemfish, shallot and dill in a bowl. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper. Divide into six even portions and shape each portion into a patty.
- Place cornflake crumbs into a shallow dish. Coat each patties in crumbs. Refrigerate for 2o minutes to firm up.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until golden.
- Divide fish cakes between serving plates, serve with wedges of lemon and steamed vegetables of your choice.
Bella Smoked Salmon Salad
- 200 – 250g Bella smoked salmon
- Mixed lettuce of your choice and fresh garden rocket
- 100g haloumi cheese
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 small radishes
- Handful of mixed herbs (we used mint, parsley)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes red/yellow
- 3 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of sumac
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 3 cubes of Meredith goats cheese (not necessary – we had left over cubes)
- Combine mint, onion, tomato and cucumber, radishes, lettuce mix, rocket, cherry tomotoes in a bowl. Whisk lemon juice, olive oil and sumac in a small bowl.
- Heat up a non stick frying pan. Spray with oil. Add haloumi and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden brown. Remove and cool slightly. Break up into pieces over the lettuce mix.
- Flake through Bella smoked salmon.
- Drizzle dressing, season with fresh black pepper.
- Divide between serving plates.
Bella Smoked Salmon Pasta
- 200 g Bella Smoked Salmon (broken into pieces)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin lemon olive oil (you may want less or more depending on your taste)
- 1 1/2 cups of pasta of your choice
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic (finely crushed/diced)
- handful of herbs (we used oregano, basil, parsley) finely diced
- 3-4 cubes of Meredith goats cheese
- Dill & parmesan to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta until just cooked, drain and place back into the warm pot.
- Fold in the sliced red onions, garlic, lemon olive oil and seasoning.
- Combine the salmon pieces and goats cheese through.
- Garnish with dill and parmesan.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
If you have a recipe that you would love to share, email us or post it on our facebook page.